Sunday, April 19, 2009

boring but satisfying weekend

This weekend is all about chores. I was happy to clean my garage. We now have room to put the cabinets, that we still need to pick up, then paint, so John can install them along with some shelves on each side of the fireplace.
The guys installing the patio came yesterday, since we had such pleasant weather…partly cloudy, 70 degrees. I can’t believe how quickly they can accomplish so much. We decided to spend a little more money for them to wall a garden area for John and add sidewalk up to the deck. It will make my back yard look so magnificent. It looks like I have to hire these people to move all the wood in the back too. John keeps telling me he can move it all, it’s not worth the money, but he won’t stack the logs behind the shed, and they really are an eye sore. He likes things to look nice too, but just doesn’t value all the same things I do. I have more work I want them to do in the front, but really can’t afford to do it all at once. Have to cut more hair I guess. Just when I feel like I want to slow down, I start noticing the things I want, so that requires me to work more.
I convinced John to go for a bike ride with me in the afternoon. We just went for about 8 miles, but we went through the surrounding neighborhoods that we really haven’t seen. I like looking at other people’s houses and seeing how they landscape. There really are some beautiful homes close to me.
We were supposed to go to party last night, but cancelled last minute. I felt bad, because I want to get to know the hosts better, but John wasn’t feeing his best and this party was a drinking game competition for charity. Neither one of us felt up to drinking. I want to get a few more things accomplished today and am pretty much worthless the day after alcohol. I’m anxious to start sewing and doing some other projects, but there’s always laundry to catch up on and groceries to buy…
and the typical stuff of life that it’s difficult to make a new mess. I really want to clean out my basement and paint my bathroom. So many choices, so little time. I may just end up watching another movie today. We finally watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. It was stressful, but so good. It deserved the Oscar.
So I’m off and running. Hoping to make something happen today.

No comments:

Post a Comment