Saturday, April 4, 2009

Movies, Webcam and a typical Saturday

Had my typical long hard week of work. Kristen was my last appointment on Friday. She surprised me early by letting me know that she has 6 tix to see Wicked the weekend after my birthday. That’s exactly what I was hoping to do. I tried to hint to John that he can get the limo for all of us. He wasn’t sure, but maybe my friends can help him get organized. Maybe there’s a big taxi van that can just take us down and bring us back and we won’t have to pay such a high price. I saw Wicked already a few years ago in Chicago, and was supposed to go with MaryAnn and another friend. MaryAnn’s mom had a heart attack right before that and has been taking care of her mom ever since then. I’ve been anxious for this play to come to Indy, so we can finally see it together. I enjoyed the music so much. The story is a little silly, but it's just so much fun, since I'm such a hug Wizard of Oz fan.
After doing Kristen’s hair, her boyfriend Andrew also had us over for dinner. He’s done this so often, and thankfully he enjoys it, but I feel like I just haven’t reciprocated enough. Bottom line is after my work week, I don’t have energy to entertain as often as I'd like. John brought a bottle of wine and some cards and we played Euchre. I enjoyed that so much. I love just hanging out with friends and playing games. That is the ideal weekend for me. I thought we were going to celebrate Beth’s birthday tonight, but I misread the invite. They actually went out Thursday. I had to work, and these were apparently last minute plans. I’ve been trying to readjust my expectations or feelings toward Beth. I consider her a friend still, but some how I elevated her too high, and too quickly and found myself disappointed by her at times. I don’t blame her. I blame myself. I had put her in a category of friend in my mind before time could really create that kind of friend. I’m really grateful for the ones who have stood the test of time.
I accomplished much less today than I had hoped, which is typical. We had 60 degrees and sunny and had big ideas of cleaning my garage. I picked up the house a little, did some laundry, spoke to Cuco about adding a patio next to the deck, and doing a little landscaping. I think it will be so nice to have a level area for the grill and a bar. I wish I had enough money to totally make my backyard a paradise all at once. I guess each year we can do a little at a time. It gets nicer all the time. Most of the day was really filled with watching the 2nd season of the Tudors. The beheading scenes were more graphic than I was ready for. It was so disturbing and made me so grateful that I wasn’t born in that day. It’s been a fascinating series. I love learning about this piece of History and it gives me a whole new perspective on the church.
Olivia just logged on to MSN messenger. I chatted with her for a few minutes. She helped me set it up earlier today and did a little webcam chat with her and “the boy”. I wanted to do Skype to see if the quality was any better, but she was unable to complete the set up. Hopefully we can figure it out next weekend. I’m getting so excited to see them. I have fallen so in love with Matthew, I’m having dreams about him. I’m hoping maybe this new technology I’m learning will help me get closer to Liv too, but am mostly wanting to chat more often on here so Matthew doesn’t forget who I am between visits. I hope this summer we’ll head down to see the family a lot. I have a feeling this year is going to zoom by.

No comments:

Post a Comment