Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mexican Train

Saturday we had Dan and Beth over for dinner. We all wanted a casual easy night. John and I spent the day cleaning up the yard and house. I was just going to order a pizza, but John reminded me that we had frozen pork, so I thawed and marinated it. I ran to the store down the street for sweet potatoes and asparagus and decided that was good enough. Beth also brought a sweet potato salad and Quinoa black been salad from Whole Foods. They were both delicious. We cooked the pork on sticks over the fire which is my favorite way, You just can’t beat the flavor. They taught us Mexican train as I stated in my previous post. It actually was very easy. John LOVED it. I’ve never seen him enjoy a game so much. I guess we’ll have to do more of it. He prefers games that he doesn’t have to do any thinking. For me, I was thinking a little harder because there actually is some strategy, and I guess those moves become easier as you get more familiar with the game. It’s a little like Majhong which I learned New year’s day.
I’m just so happy that my yard is getting prettier. I hope we can entertain more this summer.
Sunday is filled with flower shopping, planting, painting, and day dreaming about how to decorate the patio. Can't wait for the next big party.

No comments:

Post a Comment