Friday, April 24, 2009

christening the patio

I’m so excited about my new patio. Such a little thing to make me so happy. I just can’t believe how quickly it came to fruition. I hired a landscaper that my Physical Therapist recommended. The name of the guy in charge is Cuco, so John and I have had a lot of fun with that. It just took a couple of days and they even worked in the rain, which amazed me. I'm thrilled. I still have to landscape around it. John will finally put the fence up that’s been down for years. Lots of cleaning and painting to freshen everything up, but it just makes me so happy to have such a comfy out door living area. A hot tub and a movie screen will complete the picture, but I don’t really see that happening any time soon.
Dan and Beth are coming over Saturday night. We’ll probably just sit around the fire pit and eat. They’ve been into a game called Mexican train with dominoes. I really am resistant to learning games that have anything to do with counting, and I don’t know why, because it’s not all that difficult for me. I guess word or picture games are just that much easier for me and I don’t have to think as much. It’s silly, but I continually have on my mind that I don’t want to lose my mind, so I’m always wanting to learn new things. It’s a little pathetic, that I can’t just enjoy a silly little game…it has to serve a purpose, in this case, exercising my brain. I might just surprise my self and enjoy it. Maybe I have too much of a need to be good at something or I don’t want to do it. Is that just human nature?
My house has the typical needs that neglecting through my work week has created. It’s supposed to be a beautiful spring day, so I may just choose to do out door work, or just go play.

No comments:

Post a Comment