Monday, April 6, 2009

More PT for me and $ on my mind

I’m a little discouraged tonight. I thought today would be my final Physical Therapy appointment. When I 1st began therapy 2 months ago, my shoulder was only at 15 degrees of external rotation. Last week I was at 75 degrees. Bill said he would release me at 85 degrees, so I did my stretching exercises more often than usual…every chance I had. I was sure he would be amazed at my improvement. I barely hit 70 degrees today. I don’t know what happened. I didn’t sleep well last night, and wonder if that will affect my progress.
I got a call from my credit card company telling me they had to cancel my card because of fraudulent activity. This really bothers me, since I hardly ever use my card. Trying to figure out how it could even happen has really been bothering me. It’s all been taken care of, and we are fine, but that, combined with the idea of spending more money for the back yard…even though I really want this…is apparently keeping me up at night. I can’t have everything I want all at once, so I think long and hard about where to spend my money. The idea of letting any go when I keep hearing about our bad economy, makes me scared. I guess I can keep dreaming of a nice house, or go ahead and make it happen. I’m hoping that writing these things now, will help me release my anxiety and get a good night’s sleep tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm... your house IS nice.

    I'm sorry about the shoulder, maybe worrying about it made you tense up some more? Stress can do a lot to your muscles.

    Valium, Lunesta, Ambien - whatever it takes. I decided it's better than staying up all night. I'm having a restless night too, wanting to get house tasks accomplished, but I really should be in bed already. I decided that in a few minutes I am going to use some chemical relaxation... YAWN... Body is tired, but mind is racing, racing, racing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hope. I have appropriate pills when necessary, but try to avoid if I can. My mind races all the time too.
    I'm grateful for my home. It will never be my dream home, but doing what I can to get it closer. I just have old torn up areas that I want nicer and I have a vision in my head of what it can be, and wish other people could see my vision. I know it doesn't really matter. Just cobwebs in my head I have to clean out.

    ReplyDelete